"May 23rd 1991, Photographer Michael Lavine took what would be the publicity shots for Nirvana's Nevermind album at Jay Aaron Studios in Los Angeles. The idea for the front cover shot of the baby swimming was taken after Kurt Cobain and Dave Grohl saw a TV documentary on water babies and was taken by Kirk Weddle. Several babies were used; five-month old Spencer Eldon's photo came out best."
This got me thinking what an iconic image it is, but likewise if I just typed "A baby in a pool looking at a dollar on a fishing line", people would know exactly what I was referring to, without needing an image.
Here's 12 other massive selling albums reduced to a simple description of the cover, how many can you get?
1. A glass prism disperses light into colour.
2. The Beverly Hills Hotel at dusk.
3. A picture of a man with a large bundle of sticks on his back hanging on a tatty peeling wall.
4. Two men passing each other on Berwick Street in Soho.
5. Long haired bloke on a motorbike bursting out of the earth in a graveyard.
6. A bum in some jeans in front of an American flag.
7. The little feller is stood in front of the bigger feller with the curly hair.
8. A crudely drawn town being bombed from above as a monkey considers some feces.
9. The artist just chilling in a white suit.
10. Wet black garbage bag with the album title traced in the water.
11. A model of New York City made from cafe ingredients and a smiling waitress seen through an airplane window.
12. A load of famous people stood behind a drum and some flowers.
1. Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon, 2. Eagles - Hotel California, 3. Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV, 4. Oasis - (What's the Story) Morning Glory?,5. Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell, 6. Bruce Springsteen - Born in the U.S.A., 7. Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge over Troubled Water, 8. Green Day - Dookie, 9. Michael Jackson - Thriller, 10. Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet, 11. Supertramp - Breakfast in America, 12. The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
SUPPORT THE SITE - MY NEW E-BOOK AVAILABLE HERE - JUST 99P! And if you like the quiz please share on Twitter, Facebook and them other ones. Thank you!
"You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me!"