Well exciting stuff there, Brian. But what I want to know is - WHO WON? Come on, its one of those really obvious 'either / or' fifty-fifty questions that are perfect for pub quizzes. Two possibilities! and the best part? You already have the answer! Its just next to the wrong answer too! Time's ticking! Hurry and you could win a boat*!!!! (*you will not win a boat)
*inevitable Countdown theme to zero*
And the correct answer was...
Did you get it right? Either way, there you go: a little bit of proper trivia ammo there for a future quiz night in the pub. More of those, you say? Well...alright then...
1. Personally I don't see colour but who has the first move first in chess: black or white?
White goes first.
2. What nationality was the first man to do a space-walk: American or Russian?
Russian (Alexei Leonov)
3. They both taste like cardboard and salt but which was founded first: McDonalds or Burger King?
McDonalds was started in 1940, Burger King in 1954. By Ian Burger King. Probably.
4. Assuming they aren't from [insert comedy backwards town of your choice], which has the most eyes: a human or a coconut?
A coconut has three eyes, a human should have less.
5. Pretend to care! Which is taller: The Shard or The Eiffel Tower?
The Shard is 19 feet taller. Swoon.
6. Go on then. Which point up: stalagmites or stalactites?
Stalagmites point up. Because you MITE trip over the bastards.
7. The brand name St. Michael is taken from the Christian name of one of the superstore's founders, but which one - Mr. Marks or Mr. Spencer?
Marks. I knew his brother Skid.
8. With which foot did Neil Armstrong first step onto the moon? His right or his left?
His left. MOON LEFT.
9. If I'm in Skipton, does the sun rise in the East or West?
East (The Sun appears to move from east to west. That's because the Earth is spinning towards to the east, so we see the Sun first appear there at the start of the day. The Sun 'rises' in the east and 'sets' in the west.)
10. Which was invented first: Monopoly or Hitler?
Adolf Hitler was born 1889, Monopoly invented in 1903. He preferred Hungry Hungry Hippos anyway.