...okay, maybe not that then. I know ! How about...
... NINE questions about this day - 8th July - in the year 1999?
1. Which repeated sitcom featured the capsule description "On another cold day, Bren's happiness is marred only by the failure of the breadman to deliver granary rolls."?
2. The third Harry Potter book was released in the UK on this day, what is its title and whom does it refer to?
A: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Sirius Black
3. The following five films were top of the UK box-office. Can you guess them from their IMDB descriptions?
a. An American serving in the French Foreign Legion on an archaeological dig at the ancient city of Hamunaptra accidentally awakens a [spoiler].
b. An insurance agent is sent by her employer to track down and help capture an art thief.
c. A computer hacker learns from mysterious rebels about the true nature of his reality and his role in the war against its controllers.
d. The life of a simple bookshop owner changes when he meets the most famous film star in the world.
e. Two wealthy step-siblings of an elite Manhattan prep school make a wager: to de-flower the new headmaster's daughter before the start of term.
A: a. The Mummy, b. Entrapment, c. The Matrix, d. Notting Hill, e. Cruel Intentions
4. What alcoholic drink was this advertising?
5. Which of the following was not part of the Radio 1 schedule on this day: Simon Mayo, Chris Moyles, Lisa I'Anson?
A: Lisa I'Anson (she was sacked in February 1999)
6. Pete Conrad died in a motorcycle accident, what was he only the third ever man to do?
A: Walk on the moon.
7. These were the UK Top five albums, can you name the artists?
A: a). Boyzone, b). The Chemical Brothers c). Jamiroquai, d). Shania Twain, e). Whitney Houston
8. True or false: 8th July 1999 was a Thursday?
9. BBC One showed "Beer" an episode of Blackadder II in which Edmund double books an evening of drunken debauchery with the annual visit of his overly puritanical aunt and uncle, the Whiteadders. What does Lady Whiteadder refer to what Edmund is wearing? And for a bonus point, what is his speedy excuse?
A: "You seem to be wearing a pair of Devil's Dumplings!", "Oh my god, my ear-muffs have fallen down!"
How did you do? Tell me on Twitter or Facebook and don't forget to share it with friends if you liked the quiz. Helps a tiny one-man site like this push that little bit further without proper marketing or indeed, money. See you on Monday for post one hundred and some very special guests...!
Enjoy your weekend! Have a 99! Listen to some of 1999's finest pop! New singles ready to jump in the chart the following Monday included new chart topper "Livin La Vida Loca" by Ricky Martin, "Tsunami" by the Manics and "Stronger" by Gary GB Gaz Pride Of Britain Barlow (number 16, following week #40). And barrelling in like some Ian Barrels rushing to build his dream project - the Millennium Barrel - only notthing to do with barrels is this pop juggernaut at 95, one of my favourite singles of 1999 and possibly the nineties in total. A lot goes on...