1. Some kid would lose an eye in a wood. They just would. I don't make the rules up.
2. There will be a 3-5 week gap of absolute boredom nothingness which will nonetheless be missed horrendously when September 5th comes around.
3. At some point, you'd get to read the Summer Special of your favourite weekly comic!
And what thrills they were as you got to pay twice the price for all new adventures (except for the 34 pages of reprints) of your favourite characters but in a beach / holiday / holiday at the beach setting. Looking back, summer specials are fascinatingly set in their time, with families never straying far from the nearest Blackpool substitute, complete with Kiss Me Quick hats, over-sized ice creams and mischievous crabs that get in Dad's flip flops!!!!!1
Here are ten British Summer Specials minus the title, which weekly comics are they from?
1. The Beano (1969), 2. Whizzer And Chips (1972), 3. Look In (1979), 4. The Beezer (1979), 5. The Dandy (1987) 6. Cheeky Weekly (1978)
7. Doctor Who Monthly / Magazine (1980), 8. Bunty (1971), 9. 2000AD (1977), 10. Viz (1988)
School's out! Unless it isn't! But celebrate your love of this nostalgiagasm of a quiz by tweeting your scores to me on the old Twitter machine. Imagine being able to do that in the past?
Thanks to everyone who retweeted, said nice things about and took part in the last five quizzes, despite the huge heatwave. It genuinely means the world to me to have your support. Have a great weekend! Catch a Corbyn for me! And don't let anyone try pinch your comic...